If you don’t have enough outdoor space to gather your employees or if it is a rainy day, you probably want to go with some indoor team building activities.
You already know that indoor team building activities are the ones that can be performed inside an office or a room.
Here are 5 indoor team building activities for your employees that you can conduct inside your office.
#1. For Communication: Blind polygon
- In this activity, the team members are blindfolded and they should form a circle by stretching out their arms. Then, they need to drop hands and sit down.
- The facilitator needs to place a rope in the middle of the circle. Now, the members are requested to find the rope by moving slowly.
- They need to work together to form various shapes, say a perfect square, a triangle etc. with each person holding on to the rope. However, the team members are not allowed to let go of the rope.
- Once they feel the task is finished, they remove the blindfolds to see the results.
#2. For Trust Building: Balloon Balance
15 to 30 minutes
- Provide an inflated balloon and a fat tipped marker to each team member.
- Then, each member should write their name on the balloon. Additionally, he/she can write something he/she should do to support his/her team mates as they try new things and take risks.
- Now, get a volunteer from the team who is ready to try new things and take risks. The volunteer should be able to lye down on the supporting balloons of the team.
- The idea here is to float this volunteer with the support of balloons. The volunteer must rest only on the balloons and not on the floor or any other person.
- The exercise can be continued by withdrawing one balloon at a time carefully. This is to support the volunteer with less number of balloons.
#3. For Cooperation: Silence is Golden
15 to 30 minutes
- Distribute a flipchart as well as colored markers to each team.
- Ask each team to draw their ideal workplace on the flipchart, regardless of the cost. For this purpose, give them 10 minutes. Verbal communication is prohibited in this activity so the team members are not allowed to speak.
- Provide some paper sheets to each team member so that they can communicate with their partners by writing down their ideas.
- Once this is done, each team should explain their design.
#4. For Creative thinking: Code Breaking
- Provide a secret code to each team. This secret code can be anything like picto-puzzles, logic problems, riddles etc.
- The goal is to break the code as quickly as possible. Set a time limit to complete the task if required.
- The first team that breaks the code will win the game.
#5. For Problem Solving: Human Knot
- Instruct the team members to stand in a circle, shoulder to shoulder.
- Then, each person should lift their right hand in the air and catch the hand of someone standing across the circle.
- Now, each person should put their left hand in the air and catch the hand of a different person. Make sure that no member is holding the hand of someone who is standing directly next to them.
- The goal of this activity is to untangle everyone without letting go of their hands.